Hi and welcome to my spot. I hope you will bear with me as I wind my through all this "stuff". I hope to be able to share some of who I am and what I am doing, and I hope you find it a bit entertaining and interesting.
For the past several years now I have moved from a strenuous career as a successful faux finisher and muralist to a much tamer combining art with fabric. Guess that makes me a fiber artist in at least one sense of the word. Because I can't seem to do the same thing twice, much less follow a pattern, doing one-of-a-kind projects seems suited to me.
To date I have done a number of twin sized, original quilts; a variety of wall hangings; some pet portraits with thread painting (mostly in pillow format); some wearables and purses; and dragons. As soon as I figure out how to publish photos I will include a few.
I have always loved fabric! Mom placed a needle and thread in my hand when I was 3 and I can't remember when I wasn't using it. Yesterday it was used on the current dragon I am creating. So much fun...such agony. I love the challenge and can be caught up for hours. Not really productive at times, but this is going to be a prototype so its all right to fuss with it.
I hope to share some of my excitement with you and most of all, encourage you to utilize your own creativeness in whatever way you can.
Blessings!
Art quilts - Jewelry - Pet Portraits - Wearable art - Dragons
Creativity, color, passion, artistic expression
Friday, August 10, 2007
just getting started
Posted by
Vicki
at
5:50 AM
Labels: art, art quilts, dragons, fiber artist, pet portraits
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
As I have been for years I am still inspired by your wide range of creative ability. Keep it going girl!
May you be blessed and prosper in all that you do.
Loren
Love it! I've been going through boxes of stuff-some we brought from AZ!. I'll never use all the fabric and am having to make 2 piles---keep and let go! Love Ya
Post a Comment