
Few things are as frustrating as facing a deadline and ALMOST being ready. I'm not supposed to place myself in stressful situations so I probably should have pulled back sooner. However, I was soooo close that I perservered. With the help of my dear Husband, photos were taken and processed appropriately and now all I have to finish is some paperwork. This will be sent in, along with Bisbee, to the Art Quilts XII show.
It is a juried show so I hope they make it. I am relatively new to shows so I am working hard at meeting all the requirements. Don't want to win prizes but I would like the exposure and priviledge of hanging alongside others in a show.
My newest (as of today) is called Autumn Canyon. I love trees and they frequently show up in my work. This design was calling me from some place way back...30 yrs or so actually. While working on the piece I stumbled across a pastel workup of this image that I had not remembered keeping. Amazing!
Tomorrow I clean up the studio. Somehow I find that really calming and restorative. Somewhere along the way in the past few years I have had to give myself permission to make messes when doing these quilts. So there are piles of scraps of yellows and golds, larger selections of blues and browns and fluffs of tulle (used for shading areas of the work) on top of every surface, under others and generally invading everything. There is order in here - some of the time. I just need to find it and get focused and finish some of my other projects within a reasonable amount of time.
Breathe!
Art quilts - Jewelry - Pet Portraits - Wearable art - Dragons
Creativity, color, passion, artistic expression
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Met the deadline!
Posted by
Vicki
at
10:31 PM
Labels: Art Quilts XII show, landscape quilts, studio life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment