Art quilts - Jewelry - Pet Portraits - Wearable art - Dragons

Creativity, color, passion, artistic expression

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Beading interruption

Took time out for a beading day.

This is a long standing hobby that I started over 15 years ago. Needless to say, there happens to be a large selection of goodies now at my house. Now my experience is being sought so I am offering a workshop day at our local JoAnn's a couple times a month where people can bring in projects they have started and not completed. I am also starting a beginning teen class to share with teens how to properly use the tools and create a simple project.

For the demo I did on Saturday, I was wearing my Orphan Earring necklace. Got a fair amount of attention with it (will post an image as soon as I get a new camera.) Most of us lose an earring now and then, so what to do with the remaining one. After collecting them for awhile, it became apparent that colors and themes were appearing so I used them as "charms" and designed a necklace to present them.

In the meantime, some family and friends are joining me at home for a similar day. We are going to have the kids and guys catch up with us later for a BBQ and games. We should have a great time.

No comments: